Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Swords-R-Us Successfully Sued

The sword manufacturing company, Swords-'R'-Us, have been sued for $3.8M, which could see the company go bankrupt.
Arnold Swashbottom, who bought a machete from Swords-'R'-Us, was standing in his garden when a fly landed on his left arm, without thinking he swatted the fly with the machete, missed it, and cut off his left arm.
In court he claimed there was no information printed with the machete about the dangers of swatting flies. Had he known, he would not have tried to swat the fly with the machete. The court agreed and awarded him damages and costs of $3.8M, which is more than the company makes in a year.
Michael Skythebottom of the Blades-For-All group, wagged his head in rage at the ruling, and said "the ruling was ridiculous and could damage the entire sword manufacturing industry," he went on to say, "I'd be the first person to put my hands up and admit that swords can be dangerous, but I lost both my arms in a sword fighting accident, so I can't."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats